The medical sector is one of the areas in which technological innovation has undergone some drastic transformations. A few decades ago, the existing quality and precise nature of modern health services were unthinkable. Technological progress is unmistakably altering the healthcare sector.
This transformation has resulted in applications such as Doctor on Demand and Telemedicine. This business model benefits not just users or patients, but also doctors. Let’s check Doctor on Demand and Telemedicine Apps Cost and features.
What is Doctor on-Demand?
Doctor on-Demand is the easiest way to treat some medical and psychological conditions from the comfort of your home. It’s a video visit service where you can call up a board-certified physician or psychologist or lactation specialist and you can have an appointment right over your phone, your iPad, your tablet, or your PC. As long as you download their app you can get in contact with them and have a one-on-one consultation right then and there from the comfort of your own home. You just need to download the application and share some info about your symptoms and you will be connected to a physician within minutes or make an appointment to see a psychologist.
Doctor on-Demand lets you see and talk to a live board-certified doctor. Just follow some steps and benefit the services:
- List your symptoms
- Tell your history
- Start your visit with greetings
- Show your symptoms using the camera on your phone or iPad
The doctor will prescribe the medicines or suggest going for further tests if required.
Market Size and Statistical Data for Doctor On-Demand Apps
Just under half of the employees in the Netherlands found the future vision of health exciting, with digital solutions, a critical component.
A survey was executed around major cities of the U.S. which exhibited that new patients that go to the hospital had to stay for 24 days for a visit with the physician.
- 82% of the patients bobbed on the preference of creating technologies that would give rise to the process of obtaining healthcare benefits.
- 77% of the patients stare to reach their physician through text messages.
- 69% of patients like to possess virtual appointments with their physicians rather than offline visits.
With all the advantages that are being delivered by the doctor on-demand app, its industry is thriving at a rapid rate. Its result can be discerned in the fact that the international telehealth market which was estimated at around USD 4.50 billion in 2018 is predicted to reach a wealth of USD 32.71 billion by 2027 with a CAGR of 24.7% during the forecast period.
Why are doctor on-demand apps getting so popular?
- More convenience: In rural or backward areas around the world, there are not many medical specialists. So, they have to travel a lot for treatment or to meet a doctor. Or wait for weeks for the appointment of a doctor to visit their place. And this health condition might get critical when the patient is a kid or an elder person. A remote doctor consulting application, in this case, lets sufferers connect with certified doctors in real-time. This provides them with the comfort of getting the right talk and healthcare services with a few clicks.
- Reduced paperwork: One of the main advantages of doctor on-demand platforms is that they allow health caregivers and patients to keep reports of all the details on mobile. This saves the time and hassle related to upholding in-office administrative paperwork.
- Cheaper Services: By making healthcare benefits convenient and available in real-time, while saving costs linked with ER trips and hospital admissions, telehealth treatments have also made these aids cheaper and accessible to all.
- Higher ROI: Such applications allow doctors to maintain a regular flow of patients without wasting more in terms of hospital staff, infrastructure, and equipment. This way, these apps comfort doctors in enjoying higher ROI.
How does a Doctor on Demand App work?
To make medical services convenient for both users and doctors, a Doctor on Demand is developed. The overall features are thus summarised in a small smartphone app and everything can be done with a couple of taps on the phone screen. But only here we mention essential functionalities to give you a clear image.
Revenue Model of a Doctor on Demand Application
Here are the three leading and most popular income models in your application.
- Commission Based: This income model is simple and comprehensive. In this case, a patient or user pays the medical services directly to the doctor and, for some reason, the application owner receives a commission. The application offers a platform for doctors to broaden the field of service and the doctor pays a commission for the application in return.
- Featured Listing: An application for a Doctor on Demand is a platform and hundreds of doctors and laboratories are available on this platform.
It is this abundance that makes it difficult for some doctors and laboratories to focus on patients. Therefore, paid listings will assist them when patients seek any particular medical help at the top of the search results.
- In-App Advertisement: Certain laboratories and medical or other health industries may want to display certain advertising in apps to get users’ attention. In-app advertising helps users learn about popular medical services providers and they pay for the application to show their ads in the app.
Features of a Doctor on Demand Mobile App
The Doctor on Demand app’s end-users certainly needs medical care. But there are actually 3 end-users.
- Users Or Patients
|Web/Mobile Panel||Doctor’s Profile|
|Appointments Status||Manage Appointments|
|Accept & Reject Request||Track User location|
|Give Online Prescriptions||Refill Medication|
|Patient Progression Chart||Access Patient history & documents|
Users Or Patients Panel
|Social Sign Up/Login||Create a User Profile|
|Upload Documents||Dynamic Search Radius|
|Doctor identification||Advanced Search Filters|
|Tracking Doctor’s Location||Book Appointment OR Home Visit|
|In-APP, Chat, Calling, Video||Electronic Medical Record|
|Setup Profile||Post Appointment Requests|
|Loyalty Programs||Prescription and medication tracker|
|Email, SMS & push notification Alerts||Multiple Payment Modes|
|Provide Review & Rating|
|Manage Users & Doctors||CMS for News & Articles|
|Marketing Tools||Real-time Analytics|
|Communication channels||Report generation|
How much would it cost to develop a doctor on-demand app?
Normally, the rate of development of fundamental doctor on-demand app varies between $3,000 to $80,000. Note that supplementary features will add to the cost.
How much time does it take to develop a doctor on-demand app?
If you are assigning your project to a professional development company like Konnectogrow, the development of a doctor’s on-demand app will roughly take 5 to 8 weeks. It also depends on the number of features as well as the number of platforms (Android, iOs)
Challenges While Developing a Doctor on-Demand App
- Data Security
- Experience for Users
- Monetary Compensation
Without a doubt, on-demand services are bringing it successfully on the planet of mobile applications. But, that accomplishment just arrives at you, when you possess a great plan to seek the market, a proper plan of undertaking at your verge, a faction of productive features, and a tech team to help you up. Abilities are enormous in the telemedicine market; you just need to explore it with the right technique.
If you are looking to develop mobile apps for your business then feel free to Connect with Konnect